Current state of affairs with my Friesian mare.
So after I put the silver foil onto her coat I added washes of
transparent black acryllic to diffuse the silver. It came out just as I
had in mind but it may still be too prominent. I may have to add a few
more washes but I might lose the effect, so I have to be careful. In
contrast I painted the manes, tail and fringes on her hooves solid
black, that needs some more work too.
Then it's on to finishing, she needs eyes (of course) and some detailing here and there.
I'm quite happy with the result so far but I'm not completely satisfied yet. Stay tuned!